SEARCH

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Menu #30

Chicken Pot Pie



I’m a day late posting because we were out of town for my grandfather’s funeral.  This is from my real father’s side of the family who I don’t see very often but I do have very happy childhood memories of him, and those are the memories I will keep forever.  He was a good man and he lived a long happy life surrounded by friends and family.

Above is a pic of last night's chicken pot pie, which was absolutely scrumptious...I'll post the recipe tomorrow!  This week’s menu is basically made up of everything I didn’t get to last week since we left in the middle of the week, and here it is. . .

Monday:  Chicken Pot Pie & green salad

Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Pork Roast w/ tomatoes & mushrooms over whole-wheat egg noodles
I started the roast this morning before taking X-man to school, and it was super quick & easy.  It was just a bunch of mushrooms chopped in half along with onion wedges, crushed tomatoes, thyme, sun-dried tomatoes, and a pork loin roast thrown into the slow cooker.  I’ll post a pic of the outcome tomorrow along with the recipe.

Wednesday:  Leftovers

Thursday:  Teriyaki Chicken Bowls w/ broccoli, bell peppers & brown rice

Friday:  Grilled Salmon w/ quinoa & black beans and green salad
Hubby is doing dinner on this evening because I have a full afternoon involving children & Christmas cookies.  Xavier is hosting a Holiday Playdate for some friends we don’t see as often as we’d like because of all of our busy schedules.  The menu is potluck style to which I’m contributing mini sandwiches (turkey, brie, & cranberry relish for mamas and turkey & American cheese for the kiddos), a veg platter, and Christmas cookies for decorating!  We are making cute little reindeer cookies that have chocolate-covered pretzels as antlers…so cute.  I’ll definitely post pics!  J 

Saturday:  Hanging w/ the Stanfords!
We are enjoying holiday festivities at the San Diego Zoo with my best friend, Janna, and her hubby!  After the zoo we are joining them at their house for a fun Holiday Happy Hour of yummy drinks & appetizers.  J 

Sunday:  Chicken Stew w/ crusty bread
We are also enjoying a super fun morning at our friends, the Browns, for their annual Breakfast with Santa!  I love fun holiday festivities!!!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment