SEARCH

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Menu #71




December is just flying right by!  We are having some great holiday fun along the way though!  I am prepping for a holiday party this weekend, and I’m making this festive-looking pepper jelly as small Christmas gifts to hand out to our friends.  I’m short on time today, but I’ll get the recipe to you later this week.  It’s simple and scrumptious.  Our favorite ways to use the pepper jelly are on bagels with cream cheese, on brie en croute, and as a glaze for salmon…yum!



On to our weekly menu . . .

Monday:  B4D—Pork & Potato hash w/ tomatoes/poached eggs/pumpkin pancakes
I made pork steaks smothered in tomatoes and garlic the other night and I had 2 steaks leftover, so I’m using the leftover to make this hash. 

Tuesday:  Clam Chowder in “Sprouts” bread bowls
Didn’t get to this last week. 

Wednesday:  l/o

Thursday:  Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry/steamed brown jasmine rice/mandarin oranges & edamame

Friday:  Party Food Tasting
I will be busy with party food prep all day, so we will be forced to taste all day!  J

Saturday:  Holiday Party!
Appetizers: 
Barbecue Sausage Slices (spicy beef w/ jalapeno & sweet turkey w/ pineapple)
Queso Dip (spicy & mild) w/ tortillas chips
*Guests are bringing along more appetizers
Soup Station:
Chicken Stew
Roasted Tomato-Red Pepper Bisque
Cheesy Breadsticks
Whole-Wheat Rolls
Desserts:
Cooking-Decorating Table w/ sugar cookies, gingerbread people, vanilla frosting, and lots of sprinkles & candy
Peppermint Fudge

Happy Holidays!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment