SEARCH

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Menu #42

Bacon-Asparagus Pasta



Spring is here!  That means lots of yummy Spring produce, like asparagus, green beans, peas, greens, & strawberries.   My little guy is excited for Spring for a whole other reason though.  He’s eagerly awaiting Spring showers because he got a new Scooby Doo umbrella from his uncle, which he can’t wait to use & abuse.  He has used it for several applications already including a cane (pretending to be an old man), Penguin’s (Batman’s nemesis) weapon, Captain Hook’s sword, and currently it’s being used as his show-and-tell this morning at school.  Who knew an umbrella had so many uses!  J 

This week’s menu is focused on both my men's faves.  My big guy is leaving on Thursday for a business trip to Oregon, so I'm making his favorites for his departure & arrival.  While pops is gone, I'm making fun dinners for me & my little man.  Here's our menu. . . 

Tuesday:  Curry Chicken Salad/ garlic naan bread/whole-wheat couscous salad
Curry chicken salad doesn’t appeal to my 5-year-old, so what I do for him is serve him a deconstructed version.  The salad contains scallions, raisins, almonds, & carrots in a light mayo-based curry dressing.  What he gets is chicken w/ raisins, almonds, carrots, & scallions on the side w/ a container of dressing for an optional dip.  He loves naan bread so there’s no issue with that; and the couscous salad contains cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives, which works for the whole family. 

Wednesday:  Chili Relleno Casserole/crock-pot pinto beans/green rice
This is Laddie’s absolute favorite dish, so I’m making it for him the night before he flies out the next a.m..  I’ll do a post all about this yummy casserole as well as the side dishes.

Thursday:  Mac n Cheese/carrot slices
We have a night baseball game and pops is gone, so we’re making it easy! 

Friday:  Dinner & Movie Out!
I have a lovely dinner date with my little guy planned.  We’re heading out for a fun dinner (place TBD) and then watching “The Croods.”  J

Saturday:  Homemade “Spaghettios”/garlic-cheese breadsticks/strawberries

Sunday:  Leftovers

Monday:  Chicken Sausage Lasagna/salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette/garlic wheat bread
This is another one of Laddie’s very favorites, so I’m making it for his arrival home!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment