SEARCH

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Menu #47


Saving the Earth, one gum wrapper at a time!


Happy Earth Week!!!  Yesterday for Earth Day, Xavier & I hosted a small party at our local park.  We picnicked on the grass, decorated cookies on a stick to look like little earths, and then ended with a trash pick-up of the park.  The kids did an extraordinary job and I was so proud of them!  

Well, so far I’ve revised this week’s menu 3 times because I’m not really sure how this week is going to go.  I know what I’m making tonight & tomorrow, but that’s about it.  BDL (short for Big Daddy Laddie…funny, huh?  My friend, Lori, came up with that one.  J)  is going out of town for the week on business, so it’s going to be just me & the lil’ guy.  I also know what I’m making Saturday night because I invited the girls over to keep me company.  I’m making Spanish Tapas, complete with sangria…Woo Hoo!!! 

Now onto my tiny menu. . .

Tuesday:  Chipotle Tortilla Soup & Chicken Noodle Soup
I’m making a large batch of chicken broth today.  With some of it, I’m making a spicy & smoky tortilla soup garnished with avocados, Greek yogurt, lime wedges, & tortilla chips.  This soup is for the adults.  For X-man, I’m going to add pasta wheels & carrots to a small amount of stock because the other soup will be way too spicy for his little taste buds.  He can also have some yogurt & chips on the side.  J

Wednesday:  Whole-Wheat Penne w/ Marinara/salad w/ avocados & olives/garlic breadsticks
The boys are having the pasta & I’m having the salad, because right after dinner I’m heading to my friend, Trish’s, house for a fun movie & fondue night!  We’re watching Les Mis & dipping yummy little tidbits into cheese & chocolate…Yum!!!

Thursday:  Leftovers
Laddie will be off to Oregon, and lil’ man & I are on our own.

Friday:  Take-Out
We have a late baseball game, so we’ll just pick up take-out on the way home.

Saturday:  Girls Night!!!  Shrimp & Chorizo/Goat Cheese-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers/Tapenade/Whole Roasted Garlic Bulbs/Red Sangria/White Sangria
We also have cheese, chocolate, & more arriving with my lovely guests!  I can’t wait!!!

Sunday:  Dinner & Movie w/ X-man!  J 
I’m going on a fun dinner date with my lil’ man. . .not really sure of the movie or restaurant yet???

Monday:  Mac n Cheese/carrot sticks/salad & Homemade Ice Cream for dessert
This is Chef X’s favorite dish to prepare, so we’ll make it a whole day of food fun!  We’re also going to make ice cream on this day. . .flavor to be announced.  Last time, his creation was rainbow marshmallows, walnuts, & chocolate chunks.  J 

Now that I look back on my menu, my week looks pretty fun!  I’m looking forward to it!  Hope everyone has a fun-filled week too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment