SEARCH

Friday, August 24, 2012

Peanut Butter Buttons



I don’t know what it is about cloudy mornings, but my instinct tells me I should bake cookies.  So, Xavier and I scoured the pantry for ingredients and decided on Peanut Butter Buttons.  These are the perfect cookies to bake with kids because they are super easy to make and only have 4 ingredients!  As we waited the whole 10 minutes for them to bake, Xavier danced around the kitchen singing, “I love Cookies!  Oh, I really love cookies!”  I love baking with kids!!!  J

Peanut Butter Buttons


1 C peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
3/4 C brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
3/4 t baking soda



Heat oven to 350.  Set oven racks on bottom third and top third so you can bake 2 sheets at one time.  Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.  Using an electric mixer beat all ingredients together until well incorporated.  Drop them by the teaspoonful onto the parchment-lined baking sheets.  Bake 5 minutes, switch pans around, and bake another 5 minutes.  Allow them to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes; then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment