SEARCH

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Menu #15



Above is a picture of my beautiful Big Bertha bells!  The extremely hot weather has really kicked our pepper plants into high gear, and they are producing a ton right now…yay!

This week’s menu is really only three dinners because we are ending the week with a BBQ luau.  We’ve invited family and friends over to hang out and enjoy a Hawaiian feast before we leave on our vacation to Maui.  We’re serving Kalua pork, teriyaki chicken skewers, pineapple fried rice, macaroni salad, coconut rice pudding, and pineapple upside down cupcakes! 

Monday:  Tamales w/ black beans & calabacitas
I made a big batch of black beans last week so I’m going to use them up as much as I can this week, and what I don’t use I’ll just freeze for another time.

Tuesday:  Turkey & Swiss Wraps w/ broccoli salad & fruit salad

Wednesday:  Salsa Chicken w/ quinoa & black beans & whole-wheat tortillas
This dish is just boneless, skinless chicken breasts browned on both sides.  I then add salsa, cover, and let it finish cooking over medium-low heat.  When it’s done I take it off the heat, top it with cheese and cover for about 5 minutes to melt. 

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Prepping for BBQ luau
I’m going to pretty much make everything on this day so it’s ready to go for tomorrow’s party.  There will be a lot of taste testing so either we’ll be too full for dinner or we’ll just order a pizza.  J

Saturday:  BBQ Luau Party!

Sunday:  Luau Leftovers!  J 

No comments:

Post a Comment