SEARCH

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cornbread Stuffing Muffins


I made these kid-friendly mini stuffing muffins for X-man’s Feast Day at school.  My mom has made this cornbread stuffing as far back as I can remember, but she adds a lot more vegetables including lima beans, celery, onions, and olives.  I know how too many or unfamiliar vegetables scare kids, especially 4-year-olds, so I went with the oh so familiar peas, carrots, and corn.  J 

Cornbread Stuffing Muffins

12 cornbread muffins
1/2 C chicken broth
1/3 C frozen peas
1/3 C frozen diced carrots
1/3 C frozen corn
1 t poultry seasoning
S&P, tt


For the cornbread, I make muffins because they have more of the crusty edges which make stuffing yummy and they cool quicker.  Make them according to the package or just use store-bought. 


After the cornbread muffins are cooled, break it into crumbs. 


Add chicken broth a little at a time, until its completely moistened.  Mix in vegs & seasonings. 


Spoon stuffing mix into cupcake molds.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment