SEARCH

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Menu #27

Sausage-Eggplant Shells



I’m a day late on posting my weekly menu because I was quite busy yesterday.  I was out wine tasting with my best friend, Janna…I do have my priorities!  ;-)  She had the day off for Veteran’s Day, so we had a fun girls day filled with great food & wine.  I had a Tuscan Bread Soup at Callaway Winery’s Meritage and it was superb.  I can’t stop thinking about this soup, so I’m going to try making a bread soup next week & I’ll post the outcome.

Since I was out yesterday, it was leftovers last night for the guys so they had the eggplant & sausage shells from last week’s menu.  These shells are great for batch cooking and then freezing to have on hand for a busy week.  I’ll post the recipe later this week. 

Monday:  Leftovers

Tuesday:  Green Chicken Enchiladas w/ black beans and Mexican brown rice
I’m going to make 2 dishes of these and freeze 1 for the “private chef” menu.  These were on last week’s menu, but I never got around to them because of our super busy weekend. 

Wednesday:  Cheesy Barley-Veg Bake w/ lemon-pepper chicken tenders
I’m also doubling up on these casseroles…1 for us and 1 for the PC menu.  This casserole is essentially like a mac n cheese, substituting barley for macaroni.  I start with a cheese sauce and add cooked barley, bell pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash.  I’ll post about it later this week.

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Spicy Pumpkin Soup w/ cornbread muffins
I’m going to put our Halloween pumpkin to good use.  J 

Saturday:  Spaghetti Bolognese w/ salad & garlic bread

Sunday:  Football & BBQ!
Not sure what I’m making yet, but we’re having some friends over to help celebrate November birthdays.  Broncos & Chargers are playing, so it will be Laddie vs everyone else in the room!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment