SEARCH

Monday, November 5, 2012

Menu #26



So, how was everyone’s Halloween?  We had a fabulous time just trick or treating and handing out candy.  Xavier went out in a mommy-made mummy costume, Mama was a witch, and Papa was a vampire…we were The Monster Crew as Xavier dubbed us.  Everyone took notice of him because there just doesn’t seem to be many mummy costumes out there, and he loved the attention!  There were a couple of wardrobe malfunctions, but he just kept on truckin’.  J 

There wasn’t much time for a planned menu last week since we were in Visalia for the 1st part of the week and then with Halloween, so we just kind of winged it.  I’m happy to be back on track with the menu planning, and here’s this week’s. . .

Monday:  Red Curry-Marinated Steaks w/ stir fry brown rice & salad w/ peanut dressing
We picked up some steaks today and I have red curry paste in the fridge, so I just rubbed the paste into the steaks with some fresh-squeezed lime juice.  It will marinate for about 4 hours, and then we are going to season it with salt & pepper and grill it. 

Tuesday:  Skillet Chicken & Rice w/ salad & mandarin oranges
This is Xavier’s pick for the week. . .chicken & rice. . .again!  I’m trying to change it up because he pretty much requests it every week.  I’m going to sear chicken breasts and then add a chicken-flavored rice, (I like Farmhouse’s all-natural Roasted Chicken Rice Pilaf), chicken broth, carrots, peas.

Wednesday:  Leftovers 

Thursday:  Baked Parmesan Fish Fillets w/ spaghetti squash & garlic wheat toast
I’m going shopping for it later this week so I’m not sure what kind of fish I’m using yet.  I’m going to drizzle it with olive oil, season with salt & pepper, and sprinkle with parmesan.  For the spaghetti squash, I’m going to sauté it in olive oil with garlic, tomatoes, and basil. 

Friday:  Pizza @ the Park
We are meeting some friends for an evening park playdate and pizza dinner. 

Saturday:  Sausage & Eggplant Shells w/ salad & grapes
This is Laddie’s pick for the week.  I stuff jumbo pasta shells with a mixture of sausage, eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, onions, ricotta, and mozzarella.  They are yummy! 

I’ve also started a private chef gig where I make weekly dinners for a friend.  This will be doubled to add to his menu also.

Sunday:  Chicken Enchiladas w/ rice & beans
This is on the private chef menu, and there’s no way I can make these and not have them for ourselves also!  J  These are my very favorite enchiladas with a tomatillo-pepper salsa base.  I’ll definitely post about them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment