SEARCH

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Menu #33



Above is a photo of my “leftover ingredient” pasta.  I gathered all the ingredients leftover from this past week’s PC menu, which were 6 slices of prosciutto, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 onion, 2 garlic cloves, about 1/2 cup each of diced tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and frozen peas, and in about 20 minutes I had this yummy pasta.  I sautéed the prosciutto, bell pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil.  When they were cooked, I added the tomatoes and tossed in cooked spaghetti.  After the pasta cooked a couple minutes with the other ingredients, I took the pan off the heat and added the cheese & peas along with a drizzle of good olive oil and seasoned with S&P…easy peasy!  J

Now on to this week’s menu. . .

Tuesday:  Leftovers

Wednesday:  Roasted Red Pepper-Tomato Soup w/ garlic-cheese toast

Thursday:  Sloppy Joes w/ kidney beans on whole-wheat buns & sweet potato fries
For the Sloppy Joes, I make a basic sauce of bell peppers, onions, garlic, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, and brown sugar.  I’ve decided to add kidney beans to the meat for an extra kick of protein. 

Friday:  Salad Bar w/ garlic-cheese toast
I’m going to set up a bunch of chopped up vegs including carrots, cucumber, green onions, radishes, broccoli, and bell pepper along with Romaine, nuts, garbanzo beans, boiled eggs, and low-fat cottage cheese and let everyone make their own salad. 

Saturday:  Crab Legs w/ twice-baked potatoes
I’m not sure if we’re going to grill or steam the crab, I just know Laddie really wants crab this weekend.  I’m going to make the twice-baked potatoes with green onions, broccoli, shredded carrots, and a little cheddar cheese. 

Sunday:  Red Beans & Rice w/ cornbread muffins
This is my first time making red beans & rice, so I’ll post the outcome if it’s a good one. 

Monday:  Curry Yogurt Chicken w/ apples & carrots over brown rice served with garlic naan
For the last week’s PC menu, I made a Curry Chicken Salad with a yogurt-based dressing and added apples, celery, shredded carrots, and red onions.  It turned out super tasty and he asked if I could somehow transform that chicken salad to a warm dish. . .this Curry Yogurt Chicken w/ apples & carrots is my attempt at that.  I’ll post a step-by-step if it turns out!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment