SEARCH

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Brussels Sprouts & Potatoes




A couple weeks ago I mentioned I was going to try a new Brussels sprouts recipe, and I’m here to tell you it was fabulous!  I really like the bacon Brussels sprouts dish at Stone Brewery’s restaurant, so I tried to re-create that with the addition of red potatoes.  Because there was bacon involved, Xavier even tried it and said, “I don’t like it a lot but I do like it a tiny bit.”  That’s a very small victory for vegetables!!!  J




2 T olive oil
3 slices bacon, sliced
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
4 red potatoes, quartered
S&P, to taste

Preheat oven to 425 F.


Heat oil over medium heat in a large oven-proof skillet. Add bacon & cook until golden brown and crisp, then remove it and set aside onto a paper towel-lined plate. 


Add the onions to the pan & cook until soft. Add the Brussels sprouts and potatoes and toss to combine. Season with S&P, transfer to the oven, & roast about 30 min, until vegs are cooked through and golden brown.  

Top with cooked bacon and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment