SEARCH

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Menu #39




The Waller home was once again hit with a wave of sickness. . .ugh!  This time we got hit with the cold bug, but thankfully it was short lived.  After being sick and actually being able to taste food again I had this craving for buttermilk pancakes.  Xavier said they would be even better with blueberries. . .he was correct!  J  Here’s our recipe for whole-wheat blueberry buttermilk pancakes. . .

Whole-Wheat Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes


1/2 C whole-wheat flour
1/2 C AP flour
1 T sugar
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 C buttermilk
1 egg
1 t vanilla
3 T melted butter

In a large bowl, stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon & salt. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, & vanilla. Stir in melted butter.

When I add ingredients to pancakes, such as blueberries for this recipe, I don’t add them to the batter so that I can get even distribution for all pancakes.  I pour my pancake batter onto the hot griddle and then add however many berries onto each one before I flip them over.  I usually do about 3 minutes per side on a medium griddle, buttering the griddle with each batch.  Enjoy!

On to this week’s menu. . .

Tuesday:  Broccoli-Rice Casserole/garlic breadsticks
This is my first time trying this recipe.  While I was sick this weekend, I was able to take in some much-needed Food Network time.  This is one of the recipes I came across, and I'll post about it later if it comes out as good as it looked on TV.  

Wednesday:  Salisbury Steak/mushroom-onion gravy/parsnip-potato mash
Laddie’s request J

Thursday:  leftovers

Friday:  Baked Potato & Salad Bar
I’m going to set up a bunch of vegs along with shredded cheese, salsa, dressings, & Greek yogurt, and everyone can just make up their own. 

Saturday-Sunday:  Visalia to meet my twin nephews!!!  I can’t wait!  

Monday:  Cheese Pizza/Salad
We received pizza & breadstick kits through one of little man’s school’s fundraisers, so we will be taking advantage of that since we will just be getting back from VisaliaJ

No comments:

Post a Comment