SEARCH

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Menu #36




How was everyone’s week?  Mine had so many highs & lows, it’s making my head spin!  High:  49ers are in the Super Bowl!  Low:  49ers lost Super Bowl!  High:  My brother’s twins are arriving in two days!!!  Double Low:  My car left me stranded on a very busy freeway exit right smack in the middle of the off ramp with thousands of dollars in repair, so I don’t have transportation to go see them!!!  I’m just going to try to concentrate on the highs and not stress too much about the lows.  That being said, I can’t wait for Ethan & Elijah to enter the world!!!  J 

Since I’m without transportation right now and not able to do my usual Tuesday grocery trip, this week’s menu is based off whatever I have in the pantry & freezer and a small trip to my local grocery store which is walking distance.  I also made those yummy blueberry-banana muffins to use as fun breakfast treats & after-school snacks throughout the week.  J 

Blueberry-Banana Muffins


3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 C sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 C melted butter
1 C blueberries, fresh or frozen & thawed
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3/4 C AP flour
3/4 C whole-wheat flour

Mix together mashed banana, sugar, & egg.  Fold in the butter & blueberries.  In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently stir.  Pour into 12 regular or 24 mini well-greased or lined muffin tins.  Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes.  


Tuesday:  Slow-Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders w/ corn-pepper sauté
We have baseball practice & a baseball team parent meeting this evening (I was volunteered to be Team Mom for my son’s baseball team…Go Tigers!), so the slow cooker is perfect! 

Wednesday:  Sausage & Pepper Pasta w/ salad & wheat rolls

Thursday:  Fish Tacos w/ salsa rice & black beans

Friday:  Movies w/ the girls!  Leftovers for the boys.
We are going to see my favorite movie guy, Bradley Cooper, in Silver Linings Playbook…yay! 

Saturday:  BBQ Chicken Pizza on whole-wheat dough w/ salad
I’m using the leftover slow-cooker chicken for this pizza.  For the sauce, I usually mix a tomato sauce with a little BBQ sauce or season the tomato sauce with BBQ seasoning.  I then add red onion slices, scallions, jalapenos, & cheddar cheese.  I reserve a small area of the pizza with only scallions & shredded parmesan cheese for little man.

Sunday:  Tuna Melts w/ grilled potato wedges & fruit salad

Monday:  Leftovers or Salad Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment