SEARCH

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Menu #50




I had a lot of cooking to do today, so I’m a bit late posting today’s menu.  I picked up another private chef gig, and this time it’s for a couple on the Paleo diet.  I made two different chicken salads for both the private chef menus; one being the Waldorf Chicken Salad pictured above, and I also made a Fruit & Nut Chicken Salad for the Paleo dieters.  The Waldorf included poached chicken, apples, raisins, red onion, celery, walnuts, and an orange yogurt dressing.  The Paleo chicken salad included grapes, walnuts, celery, red onion, & Paleo mayo.  I really like the fruit-nut combination in chicken salads; it adds just the right amount of sweetness & crunch.

This week’s menu. . .

Tuesday:  Taco Salad w/ romaine, avocado, tomato, green onions, cucumbers, radishes, seasoned ground beef, shredded colby cheese, & salsa yogurt dressing.
Since X-man is still a non-beef eater, he had chicken with romaine, tomatoes, green onions, & radishes.   He has been very much into super heroes lately, so I have found that “challenging” his super powers has been a great way to get him to try new vegs, radishes being a new one for him tonight.  I told him they were too spicy and he shouldn’t try them because he couldn’t handle it.  His response was that his super hero persona for the evening was, in fact, Hot Man, and not only could he handle high temperatures in the weather but also had the ability to eat very spicy foods.  He ate 2 whole radishes in seconds and was begging for more!  He loves a challenge!  

Wednesday:  Chicken “Bolognese”/garlicky spaghetti squash/parmesan wheat toast
I’m making a triple batch to serve for the private chef menus also.  It’s going to be a basic Bolognese (meat sauce) subbing ground chicken for the ground beef & pork.

Thursday:  Lemon Chicken/quinoa pilaf/cheesy summer squash
I'm trying a new lemon chicken recipe I came across on Food Network; it came from the owner of Rao's in New York.  It's super simple with very little ingredients. . .I'll post about it next week.

Friday:  Dinner & Movie Night Out!
We’re taking lil’ man out for a dinner & a movie to watch Epic!  We’re all actually very excited to see it!  J

Saturday:  Memorial Day Shinn-Dig!
We’re heading out to our friend’s, The Shinns, for a fun bbq pool party for Memorial Day.  I’m contributing a black bean-corn salad. 

Sunday:  Grilling Pizza w/ salad
Toppings & salad TBD. . .

Monday:  B4D—granola waffles/omlettes (fillings TBD)/bacon/fruit salad

No comments:

Post a Comment