SEARCH

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Menu #51



I hope everyone had a fun Memorial Weekend!  We had a fabulous holiday weekend.  We joined the annual Memorial Day Shinn-Dig, which was a blast.  The next day we headed to one of our favorite parks, where X-man learned to ride his bike without training wheels!  He was absolutely thrilled!  The rest of the time was spent just chilling out in our backyard enjoying the wonderful weather.  J

Above is a picture of a chicken-green bean stir fry.  It substituted for teriyaki chicken on our menu a couple weeks ago.  Stir-fry is one of my top 3 go-to meals when I need dinner done quick.  It always starts with a fragrant base of 1 T minced ginger, 1 T minced garlic, 1 T minced green onions, sesame oil, rice vinegar, & amino acids (soy sauce can be substituted).  If I want a spicy stir-fry, then I add a couple tablespoons of Asian chili paste, red pepper flakes, or Sriracha.  I marinate my proteins in this mixture for at least as long as it takes for me to prep the vegs.  I then stir-fry the proteins over high heat with oil (I usually set the heat at the notch right below high on my stove) until browned on all sides but not cooked all the way through.  I then transfer the proteins to a dish and set aside.    Then I add whatever vegs I want and stir-fry them about 5 minutes or until desired tenderness and then add the proteins back until cooked through.  Voila.  .  .within 30 minutes you have a healthy & delicious dinner for the fam.  J

This week’s menu . . .

Tuesday:  Eggplant Cannelloni/salad/garlic wheat bread
I’m making a triple batch with a cheese-less one for the Paleo menu.

Wednesday:  Thai Chicken Wraps/sesame rice noodle salad
These will consist of poached chicken, napa cabbage, green onions, bean spouts, carrots, & bell peppers wrapped in roamine leaves drizzled with peanut sauce.  They're a great dinner for the summer and work perfect for the Paleo menu with the substitution of almond butter sauce instead of peanut sauce.  I'll do a post on this next week.

Thursday:  Zucchini Noodle Chicken Soup
I’m making this noodle-less chicken soup for the Paleo menu, and I thought we’d have it for dinner too.  I’m going to cut long strips of zucchini to substitute for pasta noodles.  I’ll post about it next week also.

Friday:  Dinner Out
Restaurant TBD. . .

Saturday:  Grilled Asian Salmon/steamed brown nice/veg kabobs

Sunday:  Grilled Hot Dogs/grilled veg pasta salad
I’m using leftover veg kabobs for pasta salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment