SEARCH

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Menu #49




Hope everyone had a fabulous Mother’s Day!  I had a great time in Visalia with the fam, especially with my brother’s twins!  BDL & my brothers started our day out with a fabulous brunch of muffins, fruit, eggs, bacon, potatoes, & mimosas and then ended our day with an equally great dinner including grilled porterhouses and chicken asada with all the fixings and red velvet cake and cheesecake for dessert. . .yum!  There were so many stories told and so many memories relived; it was an altogether wonderful day!

I kept X-man home from school today so that he could have one day’s rest after the fun but hectic weekend.  He requested French toast for breakfast, which is one of his all time favorite breakfast items.  I usually make a few extra and just toast them in the toaster throughout the week for a quick breakfast.  Here’s the recipe. . .

X-man’s French Toast

2 eggs
2 T half n half (or milk or cream)
2 T OJ
1/2 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla extract
1 T maple agave syrup
4 slices muligrain bread
Mix together first 6 ingredients, soak bread in batter for a couples minutes per side, & griddle. Serve w/ real maple syrup.

Now on to this week’s menu. . .

Tuesday:  Black Bean Burgers on whole-wheat buns/baked onion rings/baby pickles & mixed olives/honeydew slices

Wednesday:  Chicken Enchiladas w/ red sauce/beans & rice/salsa
I’m just getting around to making the big ol’ batch of red enchilada sauce with the rest of my tomato surplus & I’ll post the recipe soon. 

Thursday:  Slow-Cooker Chicken Teriyaki/steamed brown rice/stir-fry green beans/edamame
I’ll also try to post this recipe, which is great to have in your arsenal for busy days.

Friday:  Grilled Pizza Party for last baseball game of the season!  J
This is X-man’s last game of the season, so we invited some family to join us for an early dinner before the late game.  We’re grilling a few pizzas including caramelized onion-honey gouda (great recipe I picked up from the This Week For Dinner food blog), extra parmesan-pesto (X-man’s fave), & plain ol’ cheese.  I’m also making a layered salad to accompany.  I’m not sure about dessert yet. . .

Saturday:  Baseball Awards Party!

Sunday:  B4D—Granola Waffles/Omelets (fillings TBD)/bacon/breakfast potatoes/fruit salad

Monday:  Parmesan Fish/cheesy broccoli & pasta/fruit/garlic wheat rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment