SEARCH

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Menu #48


Roasted Tomato-Bell Pepper Soup w/ Brie Panini


I’m up & running again!  I had my computer traded out for a new & improved one last week, but even when it was replaced I just couldn’t get myself to the computer.  I had a million things going on at once and, to be very honest, it was a bit overwhelming.  I’m happy to say that I made it through the storm, and everything is once again calm (for now!). 

One of the best moments to come out of the last two weeks would definitely be the wedding I catered this past Saturday!  It was fabulous!  There were a few hiccups during our time in the kitchen, including the oven dying on us while our beef was still roasting, but it all turned out great in the end.  The menu included 3 tray pass appetizers:  melon gazpacho w/ shrimp salad, roasted garlic-Cognac pate on crostini, & tarragon crab salad on cucumber slices; lunch:  2 carving stations with tri-tip w/ red wine sauce & peach-rosemary glazed turkey breast w/ peach chutney, toasted pearl couscous pilaf w/ dates & pine nuts, caprese 2 ways (dressed & undressed w/ lemon-herb oil), cheese& olive platter, and a chocolate fountain.  We were busy, busy, busy the entire time, and I was extremely grateful for all the help in the kitchen.  I had to hire 4 people to help me out with this, and I could have never gotten through it without them!  Thanks a million Ash, Troy, Levi, & Karli!!! 

I have tons of tomatoes & gourmet cheeses leftover from the wedding, so you’ll notice the trend in this week’s menu. . .

Tuesday:  Baked Potato & Salad Bar/garlic wheat toast

Wednesday:  Roasted Tomato-Red Pepper Soup/brie panini

Thursday:  Honey Gouda-Caramelized Onion Grilled Pizza/salad

Friday:  Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers/baked onion rings/cucumber-tomato salad

Sat-Sun:  Visalia!
We’re heading out of town to see our Mamas for Mother’s Day!

Monday:  BLT wraps/baked fries/carrot sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment