SEARCH

Monday, May 21, 2012

Foil Packet Potatoes & Vegetable Kabobs

Let's talk super easy side dishes.  These are my go-to side dishes when my husband is grilling outside.  They are so easy and always tasty.  For the potatoes, I just add whatever I happen to have on hand—bell peppers, onions, garlic, herbs; and the same goes for the kabobs.  Thursday’s menu of halibut and couscous was out because the seafood shipment was late at my store so I went with grilled chicken sausages, foil packet potatoes, and vegetable kabobs.



For these particular potatoes, I used red potatoes, garlic, and rosemary.  I sliced the potatoes and left the garlic and rosemary whole.  Cut a large piece of aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.  Pile on potatoes and other ingredients along with 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp paprika, salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil or you could add a couple pats of butter. 


Toss all the ingredients to together and wrap into a packet.  Depending on the width of your potato slice, it should take about 30-40 minutes.



For the kabobs, I used bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.  After skewering them I just hand them over with a small bowl of Italian dressing and a basting brush.  They get brushed with the dressing while they’re grilling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment