SEARCH

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Let's get started!

Menu #1 

Monday:  Breakfast for Dinner:  Pasta Frittata w/ fruit salad & garlic wheat toast
(I'm using leftover pasta from last week, which was just whole wheat penne with a basic marinara sauce & I'm also using up any fruit leftover from last week for the fruit salad.)

Tuesday:  Fish Tacos w/ mango salsa, calabacitas, & pinto beans
(Calabacitas is a Mexican-style veg side dish that includes zucchini, peppers, corn, onions, & cheese.  For the pinto beans, I make a large batch in my crock pot and then freeze in small bags so I can just take it out and thaw whenever I want.)

Wednesday:  Panko chicken cutlets w/ peas & carrots risotto

Thursday:  Leftovers
(We'll probably have a little fish & chicken leftover along with calabacitas & beans, so we'll make tostadas with everything)

Friday:  Chicken Sausage, Bell Pepper, & Mushroom Pizza w/ chicken nuggets

Saturday:  Grilled BBQ Turkey w/ mushroom gravy & smashed red potatoes
(This is my new recipe this week...grilled BBQ turkey!  We have a big turkey in our freezer taking up room from this Fall, so we're taking it out and grilling it.  I'm using a Bobby Flay recipe, and I'll take pics & let you know how it turns out.)

Sunday:  Rachel sandwiches w/ broccoli slaw & sweet potato fries
(A Rachel sandwich is related to the Reuben sandwich.  The Reuben is corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and 1000 Island dressing whereas the Rachel is turkey, slaw, Swiss cheese, and 1000 Island.)

Now tell me what's cooking in your kitchen this week or send me a favorite recipe of yours to try!  If you ever have any questions regarding anything on my menu, please ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment