SEARCH

Monday, May 21, 2012

Menu #3

Pardon my tardiness in posting this week’s menu.  Things have just been a bit busy around the homestead.  Nevertheless, I pulled it together long enough to think up a menu and here it is. 

And yes, we are still sticking to our “diet” plan.  The hardest part for me so far has been the absence of snacking.  I am just now realizing how much snacking I was actually doing, and it was a lot!  For my husband, not having dessert every night is killing him.  We’re staying on track though…wish us luck!

Monday:  Leftovers
My husband is out of town so I’m going to just have a salad topped with leftover tri-tip, tomatoes, avocado, and green onions with a dressing of Greek yogurt and salsa.  By the way, the tri-tip from last week turned out great!  It was my new recipe last week and we will definitely be using it again.  I’ll post more about that later. 

Tuesday:  Mexican Burrito Bowls w/ grilled veg kabobs
This will consist of brown rice, pinto beans, lettuce, salsa, guacamole, & Greek yogurt. The kabobs will be bell pepper, zucchini, and onion.

Wednesday:  Chicken & Broccoli Pasta w/ salad
This past Sunday was supposed to be leftovers, but we grilled a whole chicken instead.  So, I'll be using leftover grilled chicken in this pasta dish.

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Grilled Pork Loin Chops w/ mixed herb chimichurri, sweet potato foil packets & grilled yellow squash.
I’m using basil, cilantro, oregano, and thyme from my garden for the chimichurri, which will also double as a marinade for the pork.  I’ll post pics and talk more about chimichurri later this week.

Saturday:  This is our Cheat Day!  Woo hoo!  It’s the perfect day for a cheat day too because we have a birthday party to attend in the morning (my husband will not be able to resist birthday cake) and a Memorial Day Shinn-dig at our friends, The Shinn Family (I will not be able to resist chips & dip).  Did I mention I am making a Banana Split Pie to contribute to the party???  This is my new recipe for the week, and I will gladly post pics and let you know how it turned out. 

Sunday:  Grilled Garlic-Ginger Chicken w/ BBQ corn on the cob & confetti potato salad
The marinade for this chicken is garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and OJ.  The confetti part of the potato salad is just small chopped bits of veg throughout including carrot, scallion, and red bell pepper.

Now tell me what's cooking in your kitchen this week or send me a favorite recipe of yours to try!  If you ever have any questions regarding anything on my menu, please ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment