SEARCH

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lil' Chefs School: Waffles

As I’ve mentioned before, every month I teach a fun cooking class for preschoolers from my house.  This month was waffles!  We made buttermilk waffles and brownie waffles.  I wasn’t particularly happy with the texture of the brownie waffles, so I’m going to have to tweak that, but the buttermilk waffles were delish!  Here’s the recipe we used…

Buttermilk Waffles


3/4 C all-purpose flour
1/4 C cornstarch
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 C buttermilk
1/3 C Canola oil
1 egg
2 t sugar
½ t cinnamon
3/4 t vanilla extract

Yields:  4 waffles

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add the milk, oil, egg, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla; mix well. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
Preheat a waffle iron and follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles. 
I freeze the leftovers and just throw them in the toaster whenever we want them.  I actually make Xavier PB&J waffle sandwiches for his school lunches and he loves them!  J




No comments:

Post a Comment