SEARCH

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Menu #10

I’m posting my weekly menu early this week because we have an unexpected trip to my hometown, Visalia, for my Aunt Frances’ funeral.  She’s lived a long life, so this will be more of a celebration of her life rather than a gloomy affair.  I have a huge family, so with occasions such as these it becomes more of a family reunion also.  Xavier will get to meet family he’s never met before or who haven’t seen him since he was an infant. 

Between the packing and family calls, I was able to set up a menu for next week and here it is...

Monday:  Food on the road…
We’ll be heading home on this day.

Tuesday:  Spanakopita Burgers w/ Tzatziki sauce & couscous-chickpea salad
I’m moving a couple things over from last week’s menu since we will be out of town and obviously won’t get to them. 

Wednesday:  Jalapeno Jelly-Glazed Salmon w/ quinoa & black beans 

Thursday:  Leftover Makeover:  Salmon Cakes w/ 2-grain salad
I’m using the leftover salmon to make cakes and mixing the couscous salad with the quinoa to make a 2-grain salad.

Friday:  Farmer’s Market Meal
I haven’t been to the Farmer’s Market in so long, so I’ve decided to take a visit there this week and Friday’s meal will consist of whatever I find there.  J  I also teach another Lil’ Chefs School on this day.  This class is all about waffles!  We are making French toast waffles, buttermilk waffles, and brownie waffles…yummy! 

Saturday:  Cody’s Going-Away Party:  Tri-Tip, Shrimp Kabobs, Broccoli Salad, Corn & Black Bean Salad, and Chocolate-Banana Cream Pie.
My husband’s best friend, Cody, is moving back to Texas for business, so we are throwing him a Going-Away BBQ Party! 

Sunday:  Leftover Party Food

No comments:

Post a Comment