SEARCH

Monday, July 30, 2012

Menu #13

Cucumber-Tomato Salad
Last week’s menu never happened, because Sunday night after posting the menu Xavier came down with an ugly virus.  Once again, the week was filled with soups and soft foods.  This is also the reason there were no posts last week, because I was busy playing Nurse Mama.  I’m happy to say X-man is getting better!  He may be sticking to soup and Jell-O for a few more days, but Mama and Papa need texture in their food again.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I can get through this week’s menu, and here it is . . .

Monday:  Panko Chicken Cutlets w/ pasta & marinara

Tuesday:  Beef & Barley-Stuffed Peppers w/ avocado-tomato salad

Wednesday:  Garlic Shrimp w/ polenta & eggplant caponata

Thursday:  Sausage & Beans w/ cornbread muffins
The sausage & beans is going to be a one-pot dish with onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, andouille sausage (Henry’s makes their own all-natural sausages without MSG or nitrates, and they are outstanding), and Mayacoba beans (frozen, leftover from 2 weeks ago).  I’ll freeze any leftover cornbread muffins and just take them out as needed. 

Friday:  Leftovers
I also have Book Club on this evening for “Secret Lives of Wives,” and I’m bringing along Nutella Blondies…yummy!

Saturday:  Eat Out

Sunday:  BBQ Chicken w/ potato-pepper foil packets & cucumber-tomato salad

No comments:

Post a Comment